Monday, September 13, 2010

Kidney Stones...."Say 8!, Say 8! "

Today was one of those days around here. We had planned on doing something fun (hiking in Strathcona Park), Grant had the day off and all the kids were in school but Grant decided to have a kidney stone attack... so we took an educational field trip to the ER instead. My favourite place in the whole world....First the DR waves at Grant as we walk in, apparently the same one that saw him when he fell down the stairs...When the nurse asks what his pain level is, it took everything in me not to scream "Say 8! Say 8!" (Watch the You Tube Clip)....After four hours I can't feel my behind and wondering where my Morphine drip is...They figure out that Grant was extremely dehydrated which probably caused the stones (working 82 hours in the last 7 days I don't think helped) Other than dopey, Grant seems to be through the worst of it. And I am trying to remain, as always, the overly kind, super patient, mommy, I mean wife ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes-men are awesome when they don't feel well. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete