Friday, September 24, 2010

Stormy Weather

Stormy Weather....its the second day of fall and we are under a wind/rainfall warning. I love it, the stormier the better. That is one of the major differences between Courtenay & Port Alberni, in Courtenay the wind blows hard in the winter (60-100 km/hr is common). Umbrellas are pointless here, your only hope is full body rain gear with a good hood. The only thing I worry about is losing power but that only happened twice last year and it was blowing twice as hard then so we should be fine (fingers crossed) The only annoying thing is my next door neighbour loves wind chimes. Wind chimes sound very pretty up to about 40 km/hr gusts. Beyond that they sound like my kids are dumping my silverware drawer into my stainless steal sink over and over again, which is even more annoying at 4 am. But I still love the stormy weather.

1 comment:

  1. That's becasue 60-100km/hr winds remind you of home=) this year we even had the rain to go with it!

    ReplyDelete