Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today....

Grant had a unique, humbling experience today. Because he is part of our Ward's Bishopric he had been asked to officiate at a memorial service . The service was for a 90 year old, long time member of our ward, that we had never had an opportunity to meet. During the memorial service we learned much about the life of this dear Sister. She was humble & honest. Loved the children in Primary and raised a great family. We even discovered that this Sister and Grant where both born in the same small Alberta town. It really is a small world sometimes. It was a beautiful service and a privilege to be there today.
Grant shared a few thoughts at the end of the service...." even when a death is expected there are those who are left behind to mourn ...we can turn to the Saviour in our grief"...This is one of the scriptures Grant shared...

Matthew 11:
28 ¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment