Thursday, September 2, 2010

Movie Under the Stars

Last night we drove up to Campbell River to take the kids the last Movie Under the Stars in our area this summer. Its pretty cool event...you sit outside on a sports field with camp chairs and blankets and watch a movie on a giant, inflatable, 3 storey high screen. Its free and there is no wafting smell of popcorn to tempt the kids. It reminded me of a drive in movie theatre. Who knew Grant would find the movie so touching. He quickly wiped a way a tear or two, while I reminded him that they are toys and real toys don't talk and the rest of the kidlets snickered at him. I love my tender hearted husband.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I've heard that it's a tear-jerker, but we haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hard-hearted woman! I can't believe you DIDN'T cry! :-) We saw it in 3D and I was really glad my eyes were covered. I actually felt like a sob might escape from me. Haha. And I WAS sitting there thinking, "this is a cartoon about inanimate objects. What's up with that?"

    ReplyDelete