Thursday, September 9, 2010

Okay, I Finaly Did It....

I hate to admit that I have never done it before....But,today I finished reading The Book of Mormon for the first time(start to finish, it took me two weeks). Don't get me wrong, I have read from The Book of Mormon, plenty. But reading four or five verses every couple of months or looking up scriptures in a Sunday School class, wasn't really getting me any where. I hate to admit it but I think I read the phone book more often. It is not that I haven't had every opportunity to read it before, I have. I have just never to advantage of them.
I am a person that has very child-like faith. If my heart tells me something is good or true, that's good enough for me. I don't need to know or understand the hows or whys. My testimony of the truthfulness of the (LDS) Church and The Book of Mormon began as a very small child in Primary. We sang songs about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the love each of them had for me and songs that told of the stories of The Book of Mormon and my heart told me it was true. My testimony has grown from there.
There was no life altering event or "ah-hah" moment that made me decide I needed to read it now. I just felt it was something I needed to do for me. My heart has been touch many times over the last two weeks as I have read. It was something I needed to do. I know The Book of Mormon is true because my heart still tells me so.

The following is link to a "Mormon Message" entitled "The Book of Mormon"were Elder Jeffery R Holland (Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) gives a powerful testimony of The Book of Mormon....This is part of one of my favourite general conference talks ever.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&vgnextoid=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&channelId=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&sourceId=561c6a86bdcf7210VgnVCM100000176f620a____

0 comments:

Post a Comment