Friday, September 17, 2010

Up With The Chickens


Holly, Bailey, & Madison started Seminary (Early Morning scripture study class for kids in Grades 9-12) this week. When we were teenagers we lovingly referred to it as "Cemetery", although I was lucky, I only had one year of early morning and the rest of the years I had class during my spares.

Here because we have a very small ward and have four different High Schools the only option is Early Morning (hehe). But honestly my kids don't seem to mind. The alarm goes off at 5:30am and with very little grumbling they are up and moving. As a parent it didn't take me long to realize what a blessing Seminary is. Our teenagers live in a world I could have never imagined. They are exposed to things that I never even knew existed until I was in my adulthood. Seminary reminds them daily of who they are, that they are loved and they have purpose. Who wouldn't be thankful for that. So even though we are up with the chickens. I wouldn't change a thing. Plus having teenagers in bed and asleep by 9 pm is downright, heavenly :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, wouldn't change a thing! (and I had a considerable lack of enthusiasm about waking up so early) So far so good...

    ReplyDelete