Saturday, September 4, 2010

Taking Kids Grocery Shopping....You Are CRAZY


Yup I think I am now certifiably crazy. We took all five kids with us grocery shopping today. They wore us down and we totally caved, well at least Grant did. I am denying any responsibility. I can count on one hand the number of times, we have taken ALL the rugrats since, Holly turned elven nearly six years ago. I instantly realized our mistake, we didn't even make it of the loser cruiser before they were arguing over who got to push the carts, yes carts, it takes at least two. We look like a school field trip gone wrong.


"Are they ALL your kids??", "Must be stocking up for the winter or something??" "You have quite the family" "Must be feeding an army." People can't help themselves, there is always someone who has to say something. Keeping all the kids in the with in 50 yards of us is like herding chickens. And if I hear "Mom can I have this?" on more time....Grant is such a kid pleaser, hence the four family-size boxes of Lucky Charms. If it were up to me they would eat the "Crisp Rice" Wal-Mart makes. Some one let the ten year old push one of the carts and of course the back of my ankles will never be the same again.


Two hours and two heaping carts later we headed for the tills. I can't imagine what the check out person is thinking (Grant is their boss).....what crazy person buys 60 cans of Campbell's Soup (on sale), 12 loaves of bread, 4 dozen eggs....

As we loaded it all and them back in the van, one of the kids had the audacity to ask "Mom & Dad why are you so grumpy?" Yup, it will be along time before we do that again.

2 comments:

  1. just for the record the lucky charms are for me NOT the kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing however that if you get to eat any of the lucky charms before the kids devour them you will be lucky!

    ReplyDelete