Monday, June 20, 2011

Alex Can Talk

Alex was asked to give her first ever, sacrament meeting talk on Father's Day. All of her siblings had a running bet on how long it would take my Superman to cry. They're such reverent children. I think Holly won.

Alex wrote this entire talk all by her self, and yes I was pretty impressed.....





Good morning brothers and sisters and Happy Fathers Day! Today I was asked to speak on the role of a Father. In the family a proclamation to the world, it reads; by divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. This means that a father is to care and provide for his family.



In the home a dad is to teach the right things to his children and to teach the gospel and set a good example in his home. A father must provide the things they need on their home and must be there to support everyone.


In the 2004 General Conference Brother L. Tom Perry stated Quote: “Fatherhood is leadership, the most important kind of leadership. It has always been so; it always will be so. Father, with the assistance and counsel and encouragement of your eternal companion, you preside in the home. It is not a matter of whether you are most worthy or best qualified, but it is a matter of divine appointment.”Close Quote. A father will always be there for you no matter what. In the 2001 General Conference Brother James E. Faust told of a story of a father and son.


In 1989 there was a terrible earthquake in Armenia that killed over 30,000 people in four minutes. A distraught father went in frantic search of his son. He reached his son’s school only to find that it had been reduced to a pile of rubble. But he was driven by his promise to his son, “No matter what, I’ll always be there for you!” He visualized the corner where his son’s classroom would be, rushed there, and started to dig through the debris, brick by brick.


Others came on the scene—the fire chief, then the police—warning him of fires and explosions, and urging him to leave the search to the emergency crews. But he carried on digging. Night came and went, and then, in the 38th hour of digging, he thought he heard his son’s voice. “Armand!” he called out. Then he heard, “Dad!?! It’s me, Dad! I told the other kids not to worry. I told ’em that if you were alive, you’d save me and when you saved me, they’d be saved. …


“There are 14 of us left out of 33. … When the building collapsed, it made a wedge, like a triangle, and it saved us.”


“Come on out, boy!”


“No, Dad! Let the other kids out first, ’cause I know you’ll get me! No matter what, I know you’ll be there for me!”


A father will always be loving and caring. He will always be there with you no matter what to teach you what’s right and wrong and to show you the right way to go.


Like the Father in the story I have a dad that is always there for me. With my dad having so many people to take care of he still has time for each of us. I know that heavenly father sent a strong, loving and caring dad and I know that he loves me and I love him to.


I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

You did a great job Alex.:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment