Saturday, September 3, 2011

Draining Our Bank Account and Sanity in Less than an Hour....

So we headed out this yesterday to start and finish our back to school shopping...More than two of my children said "You mean we're going as a family, all together, at the same time??" Something I have decided to not take personally. {Maybe if you didn't fight we would love you more take you'll places}.

The fact that we drive the world's largest passenger vehicle that doesn't require a bus license, does nothing for us in the KWWF {Kramer World Wrestling Federation} department. Madison and Dallyn we both told "Touch each other again and you're walking home" before we even pulled into the gas station...sigh.

As we headed to the store I explained, there will be NO begging. Its supplies, shoes, socks and underwear. That's it. New clothes will wait til next month. I told them I would help them one at a time....Right in the middle of my rant....the boy asks "What's a hickey??" {I'll never understand how that boy's brain works} So I launch in to a detailed explanation until Dallyn said "Dad, make her stop!" That should learn him.

As we walked into the big box fun house. I instantly felt my bank account draining and my blood pressure rising.  I made it down to Dallyn's glue sticks and handed Dallyn and Alex's lists to an older sibling and said just help them find the cheapest price and pick out your own crap. Even this Mother-of-the-Year knows her limits and 3 and a half minutes in I had reached mine.

We then headed to find shoes....The child that I bought a size 5 for last year I bought a 9 for this year. Holly some how convinced me that denim boots were practical. Madison now wears the same size shoe...as her DAD. And I let one of them get white shoes? {even though I know they'll look bad in two days}...They all knew that I was at my breaking point and took full advantage of it.

After 30 minutes at the check out,we had dropped just under $400 in less than an hour and we haven't even started on the clothes yet. If spending money was a sport....sigh.

And yes I came home and took a NAP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment