Friday, September 16, 2011

The Latest News :)

For the first time in several weeks I feel like I can finally take a deep breath, that I can finally see some purpose in the deeply personal heartaches our family has faced recently. Only a few know the true nature of our struggles not because we are trying to hide anything its just that you either get it or you don't. And I don't have the strength right now to explain our lives to anyone. We don't need judgement or pity. We need support and understanding.

I am super-sensitive right now and I am the first one to admit it. I find myself retreating from people who while well intentioned say dumb or insensitive things (Amen to Caller ID). {No I'm NOT depressed} {Yes We are still HAPPILY Married} {No none of my rug rats NEED treatment centres, at least not yet} {No I HAVE NOT started drinking, but will admit to slight diet Dr Pepper addiction} {YES, we are still active at church, but I do think testimony meeting recommends would be at times appropriate :)} You can always tell when people are enquiring about your lives because they honestly care about you or when its because they want to be in on the latest gossip NEWS .

More often then not I have been overwhelmingly humbled by the actions of our friends. From the boss who offered to drop everything, in the middle of inventory, to take my Superman to the hospital. To the friend who phoned at the exact moment I thought I couldn't take another step forward. To the "Robin, maybe there isn't anything for you to learn, maybe that its that you have so much to give" comment, in the middle of my whining, that instantly changed my perspective, from another dear friend. Our lives are continually blessed and We know it.

One of my favourite talks by Joseph B Wirthlin is "Sunday Will Come". When things seem at there darkest and I am losing faith and hope in the future, I remember this quote from that talk.

Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.
But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.
No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come.

Things will get better of this I am sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment