Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The "Fast Food" Haircut


BEFORE
my hair is tucked behind my ears

Well the superman and I both needed haircuts so we ran to the place just a minute from our house. Our whole family has gotten our hair cut there for more than a year and never been disappointed once.... 
So I go in with the above hair and ask for the same style with the back shaped up and the same style in the front just slightly shorter. I mentioned that I liked my hair to sweep in front of my lazy eye.  Ever other haircut,  they cut the back first then blend in the front. So the hairdresser starts at the top of the back of my head, holds up a piece and asks "is this how much you want off" "As long as the back doesn't stick up" I say. "Don't worry it won't"  She proceeds in four chops to take more than 4" off the top of my head right to my hair line, before I realize she is moving forward than back....

I am horrified, realizing that she had wrecked my hair....I realized I had to say something...."Umm this isn't what I wanted ?1?" "Well I asked you" "I thought you were cutting the back first." "I only did what you told me to, what do you want me to do NOW" she had become very defensive... I knew the lady cutting hair behind her was the manager{she had cut my hair half a dozen times before} so I asked to speak to her. The manager came over and asked my stylist to leave and take care of something in the back....She acknowledged that this was not what I wanted or asked for. She led my to her chair to try to fix it...I did something that shocked even me. I started to cry and the more I tried to stop, the worse it was. As I sat down I noticed my superman at the door trying to decide whether to escape to the car or not. He understood my leave and die glare, and I his stop embarrassing the family name glare....
In less than a minute I regained my composure all while the manager is apologizing profusely and complementing me on what awesome hair I have. {Like she dare say anything else}. She "fixed" as best she could. Compt the haircut and gave me a bunch of free cut coupons. I apologized for crying and explained that I am just super self conscience about my lazy eye and used my hair to cover it {when people can't tell who I'm looking at.} I hadn't really ever acknowledged or realized how much it can bother me...She again apologized.

As Grant and I walk to the car he says"Well it doesn't look that bad.."

As we drive home he his chuckling to himself.."What's so funny!!" 

"Well I hope you will stop getting Fast Food Haircuts!!" "What?!?" Now I'm annoyed...."Well complaining about a haircut from there, is like taking your hamburger back to McDonald's and saying it's too greasy!!!" And then he won't stop laughing and by the time I got home.... I was laughing too. He was right it is just hair and it will grow back. Grant also suggested I could tattoo an arrow on my right cheek pointing up {suggesting which eye to look at}. So glad I married a comedian.

AFTER


Gotta love it!

1 comment:

  1. It's not that bad! However nothing is worse than not liking what you end up with. You could have some fun with it however-get extreme with gel or mouse (think mohawk or spikes) and then go get your kids from school.

    I have only had one horrible haircut as an adult and I cried for days-just think bowl cut on top, long hair in the back. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete