Monday, September 5, 2011

That's Gotta Hurt

Well we almost made it the whole summer with out a Kramer kid injury....We were 21 hours and 35 mins from a major accomplishment. It would have been the first summer since 1994 we didn't have a kid injury requiring medical attention....Of coarse Dallyn had to ruin it for us.
 
This afternoon Dallyn some how managed to slam his own hand in the sliding glass door on our deck...I even watched it happen and still can't figure out how he managed it. At first I thought he had slammed the palm part and thought that's gotta hurt...Then I realized he was hyperventilating and his fingers were dripping. 
I grabbed the ice and a rag all while Dallyn was reaching a new level of hysterics I have never before witnessed, in any rug rat let alone my boy....Dallyn had the injured hand in a vice grip with the other hand and would not let me look at it.

In the couple of quick glimpses I did get I realized this was clinic-worthy. The one of three cuts was pretty deep and I worried he might have broken them.

the other side of his index finger also has a nice gash on it
At least he had stopped screaming "I'm going to die, please call Dad" by the time we got to the clinic.

No stitches needed or breaks. Just two very sore fingers...and the defeat of an almost perfect record.


1 comment:

  1. ROFL ROFL You know Robin I bet you are the best at first aid in your home and you never even had the course I bet! Please write a book! I will buy it and I bet others would too! You could Title it "Wonder Mom and her amazing Exploits" or something like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete