Sunday, September 18, 2011

Eating Out = Someone Save Me!!!

After four hours of back to school shopping in Nanaimo my brainiac Superman had the ingenious idea to take the little hooligans out to eat at Montana's. Much to my protesting. After spending nearly two hours in the teenage tight shirt mecca known as Urban Planet, my parenting skills had reached a non existent level and now I completely understood why certain rodents eat their young. I just wanted to hit the Costco snack bar and head home. But nooo going out to eat as a family is a unifying bonding experience that the Superman insisted on happening...

So as we walk into Montana's the hostess says "I guess I can push two tables together..." (No we would like to huddle around just one table, more bonding that way)....Much to Dallyn and Alex's chagrin they get handed kids menus, I will take advantage of 12 and under for as long as possible.

After they spend 60 seconds squabbling about who's sitting where and the Superman threatens to send them all to the loser cruiser, we finally sit down. They are all busily drawing on the table....

They waitress comes to take our order:

Grant: Steak
Robin: Chicken
Holly: Chicken Fingers and Fries
Bailey: Chicken Fingers and Fries
Madison: Chicken Fingers and Fries
Alex: Chicken Fingers and Fries
Dallyn: Chicken Fingers and Fries

You've got to be kidding me!!!! Out of a thousand menu options ya'll get chicken fingers and fries. What is wrong with you. We just spent $55.00 on CHICKEN FINGERS and FRIES!!!! It would of cost me less than $20 at Costco.

As we wait for our elaborate meals, the Superman notices that two unnamed offspring are drawing inappropriate pictures and confiscates their crayons. He then tells me to stop laughing, "You're just encouraging them". (I admired the accuracy of their depictions...we'll just blame that on their public education;). 

Our meals finally arrive and my only vindication for the evening is that D and A's meals came out in this....
Apparently when you are almost teenagers having your chicken served in a red cardboard truck is humiliating....ah my poor children. I make it through our family bonding experience without a major mommy melt down. Dallyn then spills the chocolate ice cream off his cone right into the superman's lap just as we get the bill....who wants to take them out to eat now Grant?? He he he.

Just because we hadn't punished our selves enough for the evening... we rounded out the night by taking all the girls bra shopping at once. Let me just say THAT. WAS. FUN!!! 


3 comments:

  1. Same here there must be a corner on the market for chicken fingers and fries! The next time we go out to eat I will ask the boys what they want if they want the same we will just go to costco! Better yet I will go to costco buy a big bag of fries and chicken fingers and save even more moola!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please elaborate on the taking-girls-bra-shopping-experience so I will know what to expect?

    ReplyDelete