Monday, October 31, 2011

Can Anybody Give Me An "A" ??

Breaking News!!!
The Superman was right!!
 (But, shhh don't tell him it might go to his head.)
I even got a letter from the government to prove it.....

Back story....
Alex , our fourth girl in a row,was named the by Superman. I looked at Grant right after Alex was born and said "I don't know...you name her." Which he promptly did. Grant even filled out her birth registration and paper work....

Fast foreword five years...
Alex starts kindergarten in Port Alberni, about a month after school starts I get a call from the school secretary telling me that Alex's name is misspelled on her birth certificate. What? Really??..Sure enough the "A" at the end of Alexandra was actually an "E" and I had never noticed. So at that time I did make a phone call but never followed through (I know bad mom)...It came up again when we moved, still didn't follow through, ya I know really bad mom....
So about a month ago I decided to send an email to see what I could do (the school called again). So I had to write a letter, to the Alberta government explaining the problem and send a copy of the misspelled certificate and they would investigate and let me know where the mistake had been made....

So after wondering for nearly a decade if Grant had misspelled his own daughter's name on her birth records, we now know.....He did not! The government had made the error. We got a letter today saying Alex's correct birth certificate is on its way....after 13 years! :) Once I have it, Alex can actually spell her name correctly at school (it's still Alexandre there.)

Sweet heart you were right...well isn't that special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment