Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Home Teaching Apples

Our home teacher brought over two huge buckets of apples (so I guess we'll let them come back next month ) It was even the first Sunday of the month (over-achievers;)....
Even with force feeding the kids apples at ever opportunity, we had barely dented the first bucket. So I realized I had to do something with them.
So I found this recipe for Freezer Apple Pie Filling and went to work.

Don't act like your surprised, I can be domestic when I wanna...I just don't wanna to often ;)

Cutting up apples takes a long time, but at least Dr Phil & Ellen were on.
The recipe was pretty simple, but next time I'll use my stock pot, the dutch oven is really too small.


I froze in zip loc bags but next time will use containers. (way too hot and messy).
At least the house smelled heavenly.

1 comment: