Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Resuscitating the Washer

We should be one of those test lab places...The kind consumer reports uses to test the longevity and durability of stuff. Cause if there is one thing the Kramer family knows how to do its break stuff. If something can last longer than six months around here, its probably worth the money.

In the last few days....the living room window cracked during last weeks wind storm (so not really our fault), then Bailey's masterpiece fell off the wall and put not one but two holes in the drywall, and on Sunday morning my washer conked out and five minutes after that I realized that said washer had actually flooded the laundry room.....{Of course I would never do laundry on the Sabbath, that's the washers job;)} Don't judge :)

If there is one appliance I simply can't go a minute without, its the washer...I instantly had visions of myself being consumed by Angry mountains of laundry resembling Jabba the Hut. Then all I saw was dollar signs and tried to wrap my brain mystical art of making money appear out of thin air. Stuff never breaks when its convenient, its always the day after all the monthly expenses drain out of our account. SIGH. I'm thirty seconds into my full blown panic when the Superman tells me  "knock it off, I'll look at it after conference..." {I would never over-react ;)}

So the Superman pulled the front panel off the washer.....30 SECONDS LATER....my washer is once again running."The drive belt just fell off, its fine. See all the panic for nothing!" my Superman  would never say I told you so, now would he.

Grateful that the Superman is kinda handy....Grateful that the flood forced me to totally clean my most hated room....Grateful that our washer was resuscitated :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment