Thursday, October 13, 2011

Inappropriate Dinner Conversation :)

If you're a prude you can stop reading now...if you want a good laugh keep on readin'

I think I could write a book just on the conversations that happen around our dinner table. I have to admit its my favourite time of the day and I don't even mind the lack of decorum  or manners. As long as we have a good laugh without a food fight then we have reached success....

Tonight was no different....

So here's the whole story.

Someone brought up the fact that the Superman and I started dating at 17 (The same age Holly is now). Holly says "That's so gross!" (teenagers will always keep you humble).  Then the fact that we got married super young. (18 &19) came up. This always makes the Superman and I slightly uncomfortable, we are not ashamed of this fact, we totally beat the odds, its just we know how much harder it can make life, and really don't won't them to experience the same hardship. So we have always been very open and honest with the rug rats, hence they have no problem bring it up...I think they love watching us squirm.

So Holly says "I'm a honey moon baby." Dallyn asks "What's that?" Superman says "It means we got pregnant with Holly right after we got married." Holly interrupts and says "Honeymoon! You didn't make it from the courthouse to the car!" "HOLLY!!!" the Superman and I say in unison. Trying desperately not to laugh and hoping it flew over Dallyn's head.....that is until Dallyn pipes up a second later and says "If there is giggling there is wiggling!" What?!?!

We'll just blame that on his public education ;)

Ok, so I guess it's time to have a little refresher of "the talk" with that boy. Inappropriate or not, I love our dinner table.

1 comment: