Monday, October 17, 2011

My Kind of Weekend

This weekend was full of awesome, the good not the sarcastic kind. We chaperoned our youth at the Nanaimo Dance Friday Night, Went to a baptism Saturday night, and had our dear friends hang out at our house Saturday and Sunday. It was a busy weekend and we loved it.
Here are some of the wonderful things we learned:

1. Going through a check stop with the loser cruiser and a bunch of rowdy teen is extra fun.

2. 1:00 am when you are thirty something isn't as nearly as fun when you are sixteen

3. Baptisms are awesome no matter how old you are ....Way to go Tavie!

4. I love having a house full of kids (I`m serious) Something about all the laughter and chaos warmed my heart.

5. Whoever called it a sleepover was wrong...cause there was very little sleeping happening around here.


6.I can get kids ready for church with out crying or swearing. The 9 of them were super helpful and made it pretty easy.
7. High Council Sunday for once wasn`t dry...here`s what we learned. Men look like dorky wimps when they cry and its annoying "IF" hypothetically you have a wife that chews ice. Actually it was on honouring your parents, prayer and Patience. (See I can actually pay attention if I want to).

8. We also learned that our Missionaries Elder Watson and Elder Smith.....really can sing and not just in the "isn't that special" kind of way. They did an amazing job of Because He Lives. I love the power of music.






A weekend full of fun, faith and friends...Yup its my kind of weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment