Sunday, August 24, 2014

Broken Things

Heavenly Father knew my heart needed healing and hope so he let me go to girls camp as a camp mom....

For five nights,  I climbed into my sleeping bag on a defective air mattress (the SS Deflating Row Boat) , and every night, I poured out my heart to my Heavenly Father, thanking Him for every minute of this last week.

It was the experience of a lifetime. as Alex, Madison and I attended the BC Young Women Provincial Encampment, with nearly 500 LDS YW from all over BC.

 
I knew the girls would have a blast and build their testimonies...but was unprepared for the healing that would come to my weary heart...I guess Camp isn't just for the girls. Words just don't do this week justice...but here are just a few of my spiritual highlights...
 
We ended every day with a fireside/concert....
 
{the scout camp amphitheatre had been turned into a true concert venue, the sound and lighting was amazing, allowing the talent and spirit of each performers to simply shine} 
 
First was our Area Seventy Elder Christensen, probably the most fun General Authority I have ever met.
 
Then Calee Reed, a singer/songwriter from Utah and had an instant connection with the girls....
 
 My favourite song....

 
 
Then came Kenneth Cope.  KENNETH COPE came to YW camp!
 
{I have a special place in my heart for this man. I was a fifteen year old, struggling to know I was loved. I attended an EFY fireside where Kenneth Cope walked on stage with his scriptures and guitar and taught of the love our Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ  has for each of us...And for the first time I believed in that love...}
 
 
Brother Cope did not disappoint....His testimony and spirit are timeless.
 
A private prayer was answered when he said:
 
It is best, through the broken, that the broken are administered too...
 
I have often wondered why Grant has continued to serve in leadership roles, even though his deep struggles continue  ...I don't wonder any more...  Grant's story and struggle give hope to many. God loves the broken...
Tears flowed freely as I more deeply understood the purpose in our family's heartache. 
 


Again Brother Cope delivered a message my wondering heart needed and I was reminded along with the girls of the love of our heavenly father. I am not alone.

The final night Sister Elaine S Dalton (former general YW president) came.

{The camp YW leaders had a special sunrise devotional with her..."The Lord takes us out of our comfort zone, so he can teach us of our eternal significance"...simply awesome }

She shared her love for them and it was a beautiful end to our wonderful week.

My girls were so excited to meet her and she took genuine interest in each one.

If I had just one sentence to express what I wanted for my children...it would be, for them to know how much they are LOVED, not just by me, but by their heavenly father. They came away from camp this week with a deeper understanding of that love. And I am simply grateful.

Hearts healed. Friends made. Testimonies strengthened.

Thank you to all who made BC YW Encampment possible.






0 comments:

Post a Comment