Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Camp: That Was Ummm....Awesome!


So when you get the feeling: I should bring my good camera to camp....Yeah you shouldn't ignore that. But that's what I did. :(
 
So I got what I could with my piddly cell phone....
 
Camp was an amazing spiritual feast, but the girls had a BLAST too...
 
Just a few of the activities I actually got pics of (there was more than a dozen to choose from, crafts, music, dance, water stuff, amazing race, hiking, sports etc.)
 
My girls aren't the crafty types...and the one craft they did do, they managed to ___________ {bad Madison}
 
There was a colour run....with the colour stuff and everything.....

 
 
Hatch Launch....this rope thing where the girls where flung, like 30 feet in the air...

 
And Madison actually did it, here's proof....(yes I realize it says lunch not launch, y'all know I can't spell :)



The UGLY shorts contest...

I came down a day early, to help with set up and I am now proficient in the amazing skill of military tent lacing...
It was amazing to see all the work that went into making this camp happen...from tents, to food, to programs, to performances, to people....everyone gave there all and you could tell...our youth are worth it.




This is what 500 girls looks like....




Closing Ceremonies...Well worth the watch!!!! (6:35 especially ;) )




BC Provincial YW Encampment was a gift of an experience. I know who I am and whose I am. It is a great blessing to be the mother of daughters. I have nothing but a heart full of gratitude to have shared this last week with my girls <3 p="">

0 comments:

Post a Comment