Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bytheway, That Was Awesome!




Last night we had the opportunity to take the rug rats to a John Bytheway fireside, down Island. 

Bishop Bytheway is a well known (in the LDS community) youth speaker and author. I remember him from my EFY days in ummm 1990????. But this was my kids first opportunity to hear him speak in person. 
The fireside was simply awesome...and the 7 hours on the road (we got stuck behind an accident) was worth every minute.

Sister Bytheway, shared her testimony first...and her favorite quote...by Ezra Taft Benson...

“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar His face is to us.”

I too love that quote and it's reminder that my Heavenly Father is not a stranger to me.

Bishop Bytheway then spoke on Come Unto Christ, the 2014 Mutual Theme...and for more than an hour i listened with my heart as my bucket was filled. Something I so needed.

Many things were shared but here's some of my clumsy notes...

come as you are, now...we don't make our selves perfect and then Come unto Christ...we come unto Christ, now. 

"Don't do that, that's what I do...we don't take pliers to our teeth and then go to the orthodontist...or stitch up a wound and then go to the ER...the doctor or orthodontist would say....don't do that, that's what I do....

Christ is there to fix us....we don't do it alone...don't do that, that's what I do...he says

He talked of speaking at a family home evening group,  for inmates at a prison. And how receptive they were to the help of our Heavenly Father... They were like...
Give me everything you've got, I need help....


It's not about distance, it's about direction..
It doesn't matter how far you have to come, it's about where you are headed.


Bring what you have, I will magnify it.

It was a wonderful evening. My kids loved it too. "He's so fun" Alex says ....and kinda looks like Bill Nye the Science Guy" ....says man child :)

Thank you Bishop and Sister Bytheway. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment