Thursday, May 3, 2012

Alex, Doesn't Fall too Far From the Tree

I'm onto my fourth female thirteen year-old, and I am no closer to figuring the (we-act-like-we-are-perpetually-stuck-in-a-mind-numbing-Disney-sitcom) oddly quirky drama queen creature out, five years later....

Jo (AKA Alex) our current 13 year-old is a smart, funny, easy going and couldn't keep a straight face at a funeral, if she had to, kind of girl....

Having a kid like this is delightful 99.9 percent of the time....

Yesterday the non-stop goofiness drove me BATTY!!!!

From the moment she walked in the door from school, I knew I was in trouble.

She did her pterodactyl and then flamingo impression,  told me the latest (inappropriate anatomy) jokes from the minds of her brilliant classmates and asked a "birds and bees" question...not sure if she was trying to ruffle my feathers or actually test my knowledge patience ...

She hadn't even been in the door five minutes.

I thought maybe a walk would make her knock it off  give me some bonding time with my two daughters (Madison tagged along) Instead they fed off of each other and by the time we met the Superman at work I was ready to sell both of them to the lowest bidder....

"What's the matter Robin, you're looking a little frazzled", says the ever observant Superman

"They're driving me NUTS!!" "Oh Robin, they're just having fun...."

"Five minutes later, when their spot on "Sing in the Rain" dance turns into , whacking each other with the umbrellas. Grant says "Knock it off!!!".... "Come on Grant, they're just having fun!?!" (I couldn't stop myself)


By dinner time Alex was in her finest form of the night....."Who wants to bless the food?" Dallyn is volun-told and as he starts our favourite thirteen year-old pipes up "I dare you to rhyme it [the prayer]" Alex enough!!! Grant and I say in unison...Dallyn snickers through the entire prayer, but keeps the rhyming to himself....

As soon as Dallyn finishes, Alex......

"Please bless this corn BREAD, that it doesn't make us all DEAD...."

"We are thankful for this DAY, that we all could gather to PRAY..."

See mom its fun!!!

 Alex STOP!!!

 Now all of them are have a rhyming prayer contest, Great all  those lessons on the purpose of prayer have sunk in nicely, I see :)

Grant to Me: "You know that ones (Alex) just like YOU!!!!" The only one you have to blame for this is yourself, Robin....

Now I would almost never condone such irreverent behaviour. But my heart so needed a good laugh
 And Alex, don't ever STOP :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment