Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Housework-Avoiding Pot Holders

Other than walking with the Superman to work and back this morning, I have spent the afternoon totally avoiding my MESSY, MESSY house and making pot holders instead...That's still productive right???

I had batting left from the quilt I just made and the rest of the material are scraps from thrift stores....


Really quite quick to make ...I cut fabric strips 3" x 10" and sewed 5 strips together....the finished size ended up being 10" x 12". Nice and big...maybe I won't burn myself as often,{not likely} :)

*sewing tip buy your thread/ notions at the thrift store...I got a dozen spools of good quality thread for less the $4 and noitions like bias tape and ric-rac are no more than 50 cents*

And amazingly  my house waited for me :) 


1 comment:

  1. They are really cute Robin. And I think sewing is so therapeutic for me, so maybe it was a really good thing to do.
    I have a card sitting on my kitchen table that is destined for your house--can you email me your new address and also phone # if it changed....thanks...

    ReplyDelete