Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nothing to blog about.

I've been hoping the rug rats would do something hilarious so I could blog about that, instead of how my heart really feels {overwhelmed, tired}..... We have definitely put the crazy in Kramer, around here this week...

 I even have 4 or 5 blog posts sitting in draft but they are either too personal or written in my mother bear tounge...So I've decided a few things....I will not publish a post written when I am strung out on allergy meds or drunk on Dr Pepper and 15 5 cinnamon buns, and definitely not when I'm angry....

Instead look what I made today while avoiding all manner of productive household duties.....
A valence for our kitchen window.....The kitchen needed colour, so I grabbed a pile of scraps and went to work (all the fabric is from thirft stores) ....I've never made one before and cut and guessed as I went....

I used painters tape to mark a seem allowance on my machine, I thought I was a genius...But I'm sure its all ready some where on pinterest :) Regardless it saved a ton of time in pinning and measuring....


Finished product...(of course my sink and counter ALWAYS look like this, :))
I am pleased for a first try...I will do a few things different next time.

 It adds some fun to the place I should spend way more time in making dinner and such. I just found out that's a daily expectation, not a weekly expectation as previously thought ;)...

Tomorrow, I'll make a matching table runner, for the dining table that apparently should eat dinner around (not just pile stuff on)



1 comment:

  1. Robin, it is really cute. Ya did good!!
    My dining room table is covered as I write
    and I like it--for now. I really like the orange
    fabric in the valence. I have a bunch of projects
    I new to get sewing on--I feel inspired from your
    efforts and want to create something too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete