Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vomit, Vancouver, Flamingos {How was your day?}

"Where's my blow-up flamingo?" I ask Dallyn this morning when I finally decide to face the day....

Dallyn has missed 3 of the last 4 days at school because he likes to vomit just as my head hits the pillow. Puke makes my a bad parent, puke during sleeping hours makes me an awful parent. The first night it happened my first words were. "Why THE CARPET!?!?!"

 I know I should have asked him if he was ok, but that isn't how my sleep-deprived brain works....The boy initiated the carpet in his bedroom 2 inches from the laminate flooring in the hallway and 2 feet from the tile floor in the bathroom...Nothing like scrubbing carpet, after midnight while fighting your ever present gag reflex....Tuesday night he did it again....I was heading to Vancouver Wednesday morning, so I did what any great parent would do, handed him the big Tupperware bowl (don't worry we have two) sent him to the couch (laminate floor) opened his bedroom window and shut the door....

I have never been so grateful to get up at 5:30 am and spend the day at the Temple in my life! What about Dallyn? one of my seminary kids asks as I run walk out the door. Somebody can stay home with him and somebody tackle his room.... The blessings of a ton of daughters, somebody can always cover for me :)

Heading to the temple means an hour and 15 minute car ride, 2 hour ferry ride (the ferry now crawls the last km into dock, I guess they don't want another one to ram the dock?) 45 min- 1 hour ride through Vancouver traffic to Langley...But I love that time spent with friends (I was the youngest one in the car by 25 years, but I couldn't tell)....

We saw orcas off the port side of the ferry and the ferry slowed to a crawl so we got a good look. (I love living on the coast)

It was so quiet and peaceful at the Temple, and I was so grateful to spend two hours soaking it up.


We had time to kill on the way back to the ferry, so we stopped at the mall....

Here is proof that I should always be supervised at the Dollar Store....

My only purchase of the day, a blow-up pink flamingo (I have seriously always wanted one of the lawn ornament kind (the Superman thinks me crazy)) I thought he was hilarious and it made me smile the rest of the day. The family didn't find my new feathered friend quite as entertaining...."Mom you need help!!" Was their only response :).

A great day.

The sickie whined his way into staying home again today...so I made him work....pretty sure he won't be home tomorrow....

Don't you think we should name him? :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Estaban or maybe even Carlos Jose DeFernando?

    ReplyDelete