Thursday, May 10, 2012

Change of Heart

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."


Yup, sounds about right.... I've been feeling pretty Eeyore-ish lately and this was going to be a complete ode to Eeyore post...After all its been a rough week and I totally deserve to complain and whine, right?!?....

Well I had a bit of an epiphany {aka had a chat with  my much older :) wiser friend}.....

Maybe its time to embrace my sometimes crazy life and stop being in such a hurry to change it. Now is a time for lessons and growth. There are big blessings along the way that I might miss completely if all I focus on the hard stuff....

So instead of my whoa is me whining....I'll tell you about my gratitude and peace...

Last weekend I attended our Stake Relief Society's Women's Conference....Dear friends taught a class called "You are better than you think you are"...full of encouragement....

Our perfect Father does not expect us to be perfect children yet. He had only one such Child. Meanwhile, therefore, sometimes with smudges on our cheeks, dirt on our hands, and shoes untied, stammeringly but smilingly we present God with a dandelion--as if it were an orchid or a rose! If for now the dandelion is the best we have to offer, He receives it, knowing what we may later place on the altar. It is good to remember how young we are spiritually.
 Neal A. Maxwell, Source: That Ye May Believe, p. 100

We must remember that we did not come to this earth to gain our worth-we brought it with us
Ardeth Kapp

Discouragement is not the absence of adequacy but the absence of courage.
Elder Maxwell CR, 1976

Three of my favourite quotes from that class, but more importantly was the feeling I felt during that class and conference...I felt understood, valued and loved. Filling my very empty bucket to overflowing...

Heading to Port Alberni for the Timbre Choir Concert took a little finagling...but I manage to convince two friends it was worth the drive and there was ice cream in it for them  (which I bought so only one of us actually broke the Sabbath  ;) )

The main theme of the concert was peace....And that is exactly what we felt, and oh so needed. Hearing the best ever performance of "The Rain is Over and Gone" a reminder of what heaven must sound like.

Good and peaceful things, even during a week that took a little more courage than normal to get through,

As I look back over the last few trying days I am humbled by all those quiet tender mercies placed in our path. Things are good, especially when you count your blessing instead of your challenges.


See I'm not really Eeyore after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment