Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm a {fabric} Hoarder


It's official I'm a {self-diagnosed} fabric HOARDER...It's rather alarming really. But the only reason I am still sane (well, kinda sane) is my new obsession with sewing....I got my first sewing machine in November and after the superman said I'd never use it...It's never sat idle for more than a day or two....

Anybody can go to the fabric store, but I love the challenge of creating things from pieces of fabric I find at the second hand stores...It's more fun that way, but really it's that I'm cheap, really cheap...

Here is my find from the second hand stores in Parksville today..... 


More than thirty pieces of fabric (most at least a meter) for the grand total of....

$19.48

Yeah,  I'm pretty proud of myself.

Let the creativity begin :)

In the last week I've made....


A puppy (with the help of Amy :)

A monster .


An apron (for Superman, I mean his boss' birthday)


Three messenger bags

Four, Any chair a high chair, things

You get the idea.

and, two infant car seat covers...

It's an addiction, but way cheaper than therapy :)

{I've decided to stock pile my projects and start selling at craft fairs in the fall...(I have to keep the habit going some how :)

Every project is and will be, one of a kind and
made from re purposed fabric.}


So if you see something you like or have an awesome idea for a project, let me know....I'd love your feed back and the creative challenge :)



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment