Wednesday, July 11, 2012

NO!.....Chores!!! :)

Sunday, is day of peace and rest, right??? Well the day had been completely uneventful...until I hear what sounds like a cat fight coming from the kitchen...except we don't have cats. But we do have teenagers.....After a minute or two and cause all the windows were open, I realized an intervention was in order...

I yell for the two offending parties to.... Come. Here. Right. Now! (Parenting genius). They had interrupted AFV and my serene illusion of Love At Home (the Kramer family theme song ;)) Now I'm really annoyed. Their screaming match continues all the way down stairs, Lovely!

At decibels worthy of a rock concert....I decipher that offspring B is being oversensitive and offspring C is being a control freak and why their fight erupted to the volume it had was beyond my level of parenting expertise....

Offspring B retreats back upstairs, but C figures its in her best interest to continue arguing her point now with me....And by now, I am in fine form to calmly listen and understand and reason with my reverence challenged teenager...

"Go. To. Your. Room!" was all I had left in my parenting arsenal.

NO!!!!!

"Turn off the TV and go to your room!"

NO!!!, I don't care what you say, I'm NOT MOVING!!!

{My kids will never talk back to me, like that! My naive mind thought when I had small preschoolers and watched older friends struggle with their teenagers....}

And I thought parenting toddlers was hard, silly, silly, me!

Now I resort to the only thing I have left, CHORES!!!!!

You will now mop every floor in this house, before Dad gets home....

"But, Mom Its Sunday!!!" {Like all of a sudden keeping the Sabbath day holy is at the top of her commandment list}

"Go mop the floors!!!"

NO!

"Now you're scrubbing the kitchen too!"

MOM, You can't do that!!!

"Watch me," sometimes I think I revert to a teenager, right along with them.

The list is only getting longer....

She get up grabs the bucket and slams every door on her way upstairs.

After more than an hour, she comes down and apologizes....

The Superman comes in the door that night, a few minutes later "Wow the house looks great, why did you scrub the floors?!?"

Why don't you ask {offspring C} why the floors are scrubbed?

He looks at {offspring C}???? "Cause I ran my mouth." She sheepishly says.



I'm no parenting genius...but cinderella turns into a princess, right??? :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Robin, you are so in the trenches---well done team Mom.

    ReplyDelete