Saturday, July 7, 2012

YW Camp, I, I Mean They, Survived ! :)

About ten days before the start of Girl's Camp, I was volun-told asked to take the YW to camp. All their YW leaders were strategically out of town ;) I said yes out of a duty because I love them. We figured it out and this was the 18th girl's camp I've attended in my short life.



It poured on us and nearly blew out tents down, but the girls never whined our complained. I was amazed at their ability to have an awesome time regardless of mother nature hating on us.



The sun came out just long enough to go swimming :)

The three musketeers :)


So thankful for happy cheerful girls.


Them's some skills!!!


Normal :)

Love these girls!


And she DOES smile :)




How do you really feel ???


Freezing my hiny off :)


Our beautiful MOAB (mother of all bras)...California tradition brought north.


Now that's a fire, Pres. VH!!!!...... Fire rules by gender: Women, small, dainty fire. Men, must see fire from space!


And Maddie with the best skills of all, being able to but the tent back in the original bag!!!! She's like a ninja, its amazing :)

Best part of camp: Spending three days with amazing women, my dear friends and laughing 'til it hurt.

Worst part of camp: 3 am and you realize your tent is too far from the outhouse to make it....You start your very own potty dance while you find your shoes in the dark AND unzip the tent, all while trying to convince your bladder (who has other plans) NOW is not the time....You make it 30 feet from your tent ....and now pray no one will realize there are two moons at night....GOOD TIMES!!!

Camp was awesome and exactly what this weary soul needed. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. for all those in the Nanaimo Stake for providing a place to build friendships and testimonies.

Side note:
Alex came runnig towards me the first day of camp,
"Mom, give me the camera NOW!"
See comes running back 5 minutes later...
"I got the best wildlife shot ever!!!"
and showed me this...


Wow's kid is that, anyway ?!?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment