Thursday, July 19, 2012

Run or Embrace It ?....

*** If the mention of bras (twice) scares you, don't read this post***

Superman walked in the door yesterday from work..."Nice of you to get out of your pj's today, sweetheart ?!?"....Good thing I realized it wasn't an insult, quickly!...But it was the truth, 5 pm and I was still in my pj's. (I also realized I hadn't had a bra on since Sunday, TMI sorry).

I got nothing, no legitimate excuses...no screaming infants at 3 am, no I'm not recovering from swine flu, no wayward teenagers I'm on the midnight hunt for...nothing.

"Robin, you haven't even left the house since Sunday" Well, the Superman is just a wealth of useless knowledge, isn't he...

It's not like I've done nothing...The house is spotless clean, all the laundry is done and I have finished a ton of sewing projects...

"Robin, when you are down or worried, you're actually super productive..." Oh great now he's a shrink"

Scary thing is even though I've spent no more than 4 waking hours with the guy in the last week. and He can read me like a book....(annoying, but also awesome)....

{Life is good (really, I'm not lying)....but the reality of the last year has left some battle scars

Over the last two weeks I've had tons of time to think (yes, it hurt)

Why was this year so hard? Why so much at once? Answers I don't have...(no matter how hard I think)

The last year has challenged my faith, it has broken my heart, it has made me question every part of my life....I have run a gauntlet and felt the heat of a refiner's fire...

Here's where all that got me...

I (We) had two choices...

Run from my faith ....or embrace it.

I chose eventually to embrace it.}

"Let"s go for a drive" Superman suggested...

(I rolled my eyes just like the Kramer offspring do, when we corner one and say let's go to DQ....Dairy Queen is our chosen place when we need to talk about, boyfriends...choices...the bird's and bee's, they are less likely to run screaming with ice cream in their mouth)

Fine?!? I got dressed (put on a bra ;) and we drove and watched a beautiful Island sunset...

My sweet superman just listened and told me how much he loved me. We stopped at our dream house and had that if only we could win a million dollars conversation...We stopped at Bates Beach and watch the sky fill with vivid orange and purple...It was exactly what my heavy heart needed....

My life is full of blessing and miracles, this last year has taught me that...

I am much stronger than I thought

Love is worth the heartache of goodbyes

Hearts and minds and Supermans can be healed

Family {& those we choose as family } is everything.

I am loved.

Faith is stronger than fear.

......So glad I chose not to run.









0 comments:

Post a Comment