Sunday, July 8, 2012

Soaking up the Peace and Quiet {and Sun}

It's so HOT!!!! I've heard that statement a hundred times this weekend, mostly from the weather challenged rug rats. It's exactly 26C (79F). Kelli stop rolling your eyes. I know by Utah standards, that's still sweater weather. But when you live in a rain forest and your heat still kicked on last week and you nearly froze to death at Girl's Camp....26C is a scorcher. Worthy of Freezies, Swimsuits and never turning my oven on 'til September :)We waited a long time to welcome the sunshine, so I will enjoy every single scorching minute of it.

It's really quiet around here, the man child is with his grandparents for most of the Summer. The girls days include sleeping til the crack of noon and/ or working at real jobs, and covertly watching the entire Lost series on Netflix, before I realize no body's done the dishes/laundry in two days and I put them to work. Needless to say I have a lot of  quiet time on my hand....

Something I was really afraid of and have spent months praying for....Quiet and Calm...weird eh???

The last year has been a perpetual whirlwind of breakdowns, crisis, change, transition, loss, heartache, death.....mixed with courage, strength, hope, acceptance, peace. We have been pushed again and again to the brink but with the help and faith of many we have managed hold on tight. And I can gratefully stand here now and say "We Made It!....and the beautiful view from here has been well worth the climb"

Calm and Quiet is all I've wanted for months...Calm and quiet means finally facing the grief and change and disappointment...the part I was fearing. There are still tears, lots sometimes...but spending time at girls camp with dear friends, perfectly timed phone calls those who love me....mean finding strength and knowing with certainty I am loved. Somehow it isn't has hard as I was expecting.....

So just like I am determined to soak up every drop of sunshine while its here....I will also be quietly grateful for this quiet time to enjoy the view.

0 comments:

Post a Comment