Tuesday, September 2, 2014

NOT Back to School

Today was supposed to be the first day of school for the youngest two Kramers....but our Teachers and provincial government are, shall we say, not getting along...so the STRIKE that started two weeks before the end of last school year, continues....
 
 
I am NOT impressed and neither are the rug rats....Like really NOT.
 
  I'm one of those selfish mothers who loves public education. Honestly I like my ME time. And I know I'd be terrible at homeschooling.  Consistency is not a strength and I have little desire to develop it. Plus, I come from a long line of public educators and I am positive my parents would haunt my house if I homeschooled. {scary thought}

We have no idea when school will open....The mediator walked out of talks last week saying, the two sides are too far apart to come together ... so the rug rats public education is on hold...


So now I am figuring out what to do to keep these two busy....letters to the Ms. Clark, novels of my choosing,  painting, and some service projects....

Wish us luck, this is the Sumer that just won't end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment