Friday, September 19, 2014

Where We Stand

It was in a sacred moment this week, that I realized how far we've really come as we've faced the trials of the last few years....

For a moment I was brought back to the first few days and weeks after my Superman's illness relapsed...

The fear of the unknown...
The overwhelming worry...
The loneliness...
The fear of misunderstanding and judgement...
The hope against hope that something would just make him better...
The wishing we could be anywhere, but where we were standing...

In that moment, I also realized that we are standing in a far different place now.

The illness is still here. There is still fear and worry and bad days and tears and hoping and wishing...

But now there is also acceptance.

I never imagined we would be OK with a difficult and unpredictable illness. But today we stand in an OK place and we are ok.

In that sacred moment I remembered this...

"the path of salvation has always led one way or another through Gethsemane."


I had to look up which talk that came from..... Lessons From Liberty Jail by Elder Jeffrey R Holland

The healing miracle has yet to come for us... but acceptance is no less a miracle. And today I am ok with that. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment