Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Hangover

I thought it was a brilliant idea to stay up and watch the Royal wedding....The Superman and the rug rats thought I was off my rocker :) I haven't stayed up 'til 4 am on purpose since 1993. I remember my mom getting us up in the middle of the night to watch Prince Charles and Princess Dianna marry in 1981. We were in Canada visiting my Grandparents. I remember the carriage, the train and the red carpet. I was almost 7....

There was something very nostalgic about watching live 30 years later. Grant and the rug rats were waging bets I'd fall asleep on the couch and miss the whole thing...I made it :) and I am glad I did. What impressed me the most was the MUSIC. The all Male choir was amazing. This was my favourite written by composer John Rutter especially for the wedding...



The acoustics in the Abby were perfection. I loved how it echoed as all recited the Lord's Prayer. It was worth it...

I did not take into consideration that Grant and I had volunteered to help move two different families from our ward this morning. Functioning on 3 plus hours has been challenging all day but I have survived. Only lasting affects have been a Royal Hangover :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for my frequent comments!! I also LOVED the music, the abbey, the dress and pretty much everything. I stayed up too, to watch it (and was tired all weekend!) I was surprised by how romantic I found it to be. Pretty nice for everyone worldwide to see.

    ReplyDelete