Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The "NOT ME" Monster

Ever since my two youngest could talk we have had an additional house guest, Its called the NOT ME Monster. You see if something is broken or spilt or misplaced etc and I don't see it happen the rug rats have instant on set amnesia. They have no idea WHO did it. It's always NOT ME! I have tried to evict NOT ME for years with no success....

Today NOT ME was working overtime.....

First I go into the kitchen after all the kids left for school, somebody brilliant, probably NOT ME, had wrapped a bike lock chain around the fridge and freezer door handles...Nobody knew the combination to get it off...so all day if you wanted to open one door you had to open both. Beyond annoying....

Second as I looked down the stairs I realize somebody, NO ME again had splattered a brown sticky substance down all four walls of the staircase. My guess is root beer.But one can never be sure, all I know is its splatter capacity was superb. I don't think I could make root beer go 18 feet in the air if I tried. But then again I am only Kramer by marriage.

 After scrubbing for more than an hour I think I got it all...and about an hour after the rug rats returned from school the bike lock magically disappeared from the fridge...Thanks NOT ME, if I could only teach you to sort socks or wash windows well then maybe...

2 comments:

  1. Not Me's uncle, Mr. Nobody lived in my house growing up. And now his cousin Wasn't Me and worse, his evil twin, It Was Her/Him like to visit around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "His evil twin" - you guys crack me up, both of you. It's nice to have a clear picture of what lies ahead, even if it scares me a bit!!! :)

    ReplyDelete