Thursday, November 22, 2012

Come on...We've Been Good?

Ever have one of those weeks when you are like...

Come On, Really?!?! Why now?... I've been good, dosen`t that count for anything??

I haven't been screaming at my kids (much).

I only swore once...Cutting a rosebush down in the wind is not just stupid, but painful ;)

I have literally dejunked and cleaned the entire house (minus my filing cabinet...4 years...it can wait...I can still close it)

Family Home Evening happened,well kinda, we were all in the same room for 17 minutes...

We even had family prayer (a couple of times, still counts doesn't it??)

But no matter how much we try. the fact is still the same, Our Superman's struggles sometimes...I can see it in his face, hear it in his voice, it breaks my heart. You see, even with all the understanding, all the patience, all the years of experience....there is still a little piece of both our hearts that hopes. Hopes the illness will just disappear. One day when we are good enough, faithful enough, it will be gone...But that is not how it works. This is something we will cope with for the rest of Superman's life. we have accepted that. No I do not feel picked upon. No it I'm not angry But it is still hard sometimes...

When these difficult weeks come, there are tears of disappointment and worry.

Superman's way better now at allowing people in to help, tender mercies...We have wonderful friends and doctors. The rough times are short lived. But my heart has ached and ached this week, I don't know why this tiny setback has hurt so much this time, but it has..

I didn't show up for parent teacher interviews today...I just couldn't add one more thing to my emotional plate.... (Let me guess Dallyn, talks too much and won't sit still...and another one of my scholars sucks at calculus...shocking)...I have ignored the phone...It's just my sucky coping strategy

I guess my biggest fear through all of this is not that we can't handle it.We can, because we have....It is that people will give up on Grant, lose their patience with him, judge his setback as a lack of faith or guilt or because he in their eyes, just hasn't tried hard enough...

But it's not up to me to make people understand or accept our family, now is it.

So just in case you didn't know the Krazy Kramer motto...

Be kind, loving and understanding or get the HECK out of our way (we're moving forward)...please and thank you :)

EXTRA Hugs and prayers kindly accepted this week...

and thank you to all those who continually love us , krazy and all.






0 comments:

Post a Comment