Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Way to Lose the Sock Basket....

I think my Superman's only complaint about my fantastic ;) homemaking skills is...

my out right refusal to match and fold socks....

I think it is a colossal waste of time and energy, so since the dawn of time, or the beginning of our marriage, there has been a "sock basket"of gradually increasing sizes. The basket requires the sock need-er to find and match their own foot attire, something my brilliant family members are completely capable of ......Grant has complained about my sock system forever, I think its kind of endearing. The only time I ever match the suckers up is if the In-Laws are coming or we are moving :) ...
We had scary incident this week that has require us to say an abrupt goodbye to the beloved basket..... Early Wednesday morning Dallyn came into my bedroom, and sleepily told me he had a nightmare, which hasn't happened in forever. As I leaned over to give him a hug, I asked "Why does your hair smell like burning plastic?" Dallyn replies "the whole house smells that way"....
I jumped out of bed and when I opened our door...the melted plastic smell made my eyes burn...I ran down the hallway and as I past the Laundry room I realized that the "sock basket" had been pushed up against the base board heater(I usually have that heater off). There were scorched socks and melted plastic all over the heater and carpet. I quickly turned the heater off, opening all the windows...My heart sank as I realized how close we came to catastrophe, yikes....I am thankful for Dallyn's nightmare, and that the kids always ask for us to sleep in peace and safety in our family prayer.
We were certainly blessed that night. That's one way of losing the sock basket, eh? Grant


0 comments:

Post a Comment