Thursday, January 27, 2011

Please Give Me Some Patience:)

Patience is a virtue I have always stuggled with (especially this week!). Just ask my Superman and the rug rats.

I loved this talk when President Dieter F Uchtdorf shared it in Conference a while back... I am pretty sure I would have eaten the marshmallow in seconds:







I think this why this report caught my attention while watching the CBC Vancouver News a few days ago:


http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/01/25/bc-video-children-self-control-success.html

This helps me feel much less guilt when I tell the kids no. Self control is a life skill. One I am still working on. I sure hope my kids grow up with more patience than I have....It shouldn't be hard. :)

2 comments:

  1. "Patience is a virtue which takes too long to acquire."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty told me one time that she used to pray for patience but she stopped because Heavenly Father just kept giving her trials so she could learn some!

    ReplyDelete