Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Routine Junkie

I have always thought of myself as someone who is pretty laid back and easy going. But,this week I have realized that I am a complete routine junkie and when something upsets that routine I go into immediate withdrawal and so do the rug rats.

This is exam week at the High School. Which means no seminary, varied days at school, and at least one kid home every minute of every day this week. So any resemblance of a routine has graciously flown out the window and I don't like it one bit.

Call me selfish but,I realize how much I do need my 6 hours of solitude a day.(the top reason I don't home school) I think its the reason I am only half crazy and my kids are still kinda "normal" :).Apparently, no routine causes the school aged child's brain to melt.After D tried and failed to get out of school for the third morning in a row, D&A forgot their respective lunches after I reminded them twice and if the school didn't highly frown on it I would totally let them starve....My kitchen looks like a bomb has gone off because all five of them think we're a Denny's made their own "grand-slam" breakfasts. Waffles with Strawberries, Scrabbled eggs, hash browns....but did I get any... nope... I just broke up a slapping contest that turned into a fist fight. I guess my hoddie resembles a ref's jersey. Its only 10 am and I need a NAP!

Admitting the fact that I am a routine junkie is the first step to recovery....My only saving grace is next week my precious routine returns. Until then, I could turn the laundry into a padded room and the kids and I could take turns :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment