Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dinner is Served





Anyone who has ever planned a RS Dinner knows this..... "It will ALWAYS work out." Some how, some way it always does...




Yesterday morning after many phone calls, I mean like A LOT, my faith was really beginning to waiver. I was starting to think that we would have more YM serving dinner, than sisters eating it. All the calls were legitimate reasons for not attending and I totally understand that LIFE happens.


As I arrived at the Church I said a quick prayer and took a deep breath...."If we make a difference for one sister tonight...its worth all the effort we put into it." was the thought that instantly came to my mind. "It will all work out", was my second thought.


We had many sisters and friends attend. The food was perfect. The YM serving as waiters were nothing short of charming. And a chance to visit with friends was just what I needed....


After a couple of last minute replacement readers....Our program started.....readings, scriptures and quotes highlighting the three purposes of RS (Faith, Families & Relief)With three musical numbers.... I Know That My Redeemer Lives, Love At Home, and Where Can I Turn for Peace? Michelle, Holly & Michelle you guys are rock stars...in a spiritual kind of way. Thank you.


As I sat and listened, I felt nothing but gratitude for Relief Society. Gratitude for our sisters, and gratitude for the love our Saviour has for all of us. All the concerns and worries from earlier that day had disappeared. It all worked out just as it was intended to. I honestly think sometimes things have to fall apart in order to come together.


The last quote in the program.....


President Thomas S. Monson said:
" My dear sisters, do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle."


I love Relief Society it is humbling to serve amongst my dearest friends.

One the menu...


Chicken a la King , Oven Baked Rice , assorted salads, and buns. With Black forest brownies (any pan of brownies, iced with cream cheese icing, with a drizzle of cherry pie filling) for dessert. Shhh don't tell any one, I hadn't tried any of the recipes before tonight...they just looked pretty, so I assigned them out. All the sisters did an amazing job of cooking everything and it was super yummy. I would recommend these recipes to anyone, planning a big dinner.
Click HERE for that evenings program.





0 comments:

Post a Comment