Friday, March 4, 2011

Oh Yes I Did :)




One of the things I swore I'd never do as a parent, make my kids perform.


My mom used to make my sister and I perform in ward and school talent shows. Her favorite piece "The Doctor Is In" from "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" Kelli was Lucy and I was Charlie Brown (I drew the short straw). We even had a card board set and a giant stuffed Snoopy to drive home the fact that we were complete losers. Kelli and I hated it, I mean really hated it. But, I can still sing my part " I'm not very handsome or clever or lucid, I've always been stupid spelling and numbers"...No wonder I'm damaged. So I swore I'd never do it to my own offspring....
Well, I have broken my cardinal rule a couple of times at Sacrament meeting, but that was usually someone elses asking.


This week I totally pulled the "I pay for piano lessons, don't I" card, and yes, I'm making Holly play a piano solo against her will at the RS birthday dinner. Have I ever mentioned that free agency doesn't kick in around here 'til your 18. She's not too happy about it, but she'll thank me someday, right??

She's playing the Kramer theme song "Love at Home" ;)...fitting isn't it.

"There is beauty all around, when no body's home...." Sorry I couldn't resist.




here's the link to the piece, Holly will play.

0 comments:

Post a Comment